Friday 2 January 2009

inspiration part 1

I get inspired by so many different things; photos, quotes, novels, lyrics, people, places. I thought I would a couple of posts on things that inspire me, maybe you will read it and be thinking 'I don't see why this is inspiring..' and I totally get that, everyone is different, right? But I thought I would share anyway. I have started with celebrities, this is something that always changes, reading interviews can change opinions about celebrities so easily, and I find celebrities extremely inspiring with things such as fashion, which changes a lot, too. But these are my current inspirations and some of them have always inspired me (such as the Olsens and Reese Witherspoon) and maybe always will.
I will do more posts, which will have quotes, photos, lyrics.. anything that has is inspiring me or has inspired me, so yep there is more to come.
Celebrity Inspiration
I find these three women extremely inspiration because of the people they are. They are all strong, beautiful, successful, independent women and it amazes me at how grounded they all seem. For example, recently I read in an interview that on date nights Christina Aguilera and her husband play board games and it shocked me, I never expected a celebrity to be that normal, especially one as successful as Christina Aguilera.. Angelina Jolie has given A LOT of money to charities along with husband Brad Pitt, and has adopted children from suffering countries. Reese Witherspoon balances her successful actress and film producer jobs and being a mother so well and she is actively involved in children and women's charities.

Angelina Jolie
Photos: angelinajolieweb.org
Reese Witherspoon
Photos: r-witherspoon.com

Christina Aguilera
Photos: xtinaweb.org
Fashion Inspiration

Zooey Deschanel
Photos: zooey-d.net

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
Photos: olsen-files.com
Blair Waldorf/Leighton Meester
Photos: gossipgirlinsider.com
Kirsten Dunst
Photos: kirstenimages.com

11 comments:

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

all the style icons you picked are amazing...i love blair! and kirsten dunst...and zooey :)

the olsen twins...not so much (i know GASP but I don't know...i mean they are stylish but just not my idols...)

well toodles :)

Betsey said...

this is a lovely, lovely post!
i love that you included blair waldorf and kirsten dunst! theyre amazing. :)
thank you also for your really sweet comment! it made me smile :)

Anonymous said...

this is a very cool post :)
zooey, blair and kirsten are all inspiration to me as well, i like that you included them.

i haven't read your posts or emails in a while, and for that im very sorry, but happy new years, dear :)

caroline said...

I love the olsens' sense in fashion. and i have to say, i do get a lot of inspiration from Gossip Girl.

Happy New Year, dear!

PS: The film, Capture the Castle, was very good. but, it must be said, i haven't read the book...

erin meagan said...

all of the people you picked are fab, and most of the style icons are people i admire!

i.d. said...

Oh how lovely! I think it's so important to reflect on the things that inspire you and ignite your passions! xx

J said...

Great post. Blair Waldorf & Kirsten Dunst are inspiration to me too.

A said...

Can't wait for the inspiration part 2!

Me In wondeland said...

Kirsten Dunst and Zooey Deschanel, mostly Zooey Deschanel are my inspirations,too. Zooey has the perfect style, and In all the interviews i have seen her in she is funny, sweet and just awesome!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures, very inspirational

choose to be happy blog said...

oh my gosh i love them all!!